photo Teppjyp_zps05c1a1c5.png Much Christmas...So Merry...What Wow...

Friday, November 15, 2013

Book response...5? or 6?

 
I'll be completely honest here, never in my life have I really inquired to read a Nicolas Sparks books. I mean don't get me wrong, I'm a girl, and romance is cool and all, but PLAIN romance just ISNT my thing. Movies, books, anything with just PLAIN romance and NO real action or suspense is not a movie or book id like to take time on. Plain romance books and movies...are BORING...BORING...BORING and all about sex, sex, sex YEAH I SAID IT! But its true...and not only is sex not love, its not something I really care to fixate on. That's all Nicolas Sparks books were...including his movies...and they just were not my thing...or so I thought.

Friends can dare you to do silly things, including reading books that you otherwise wouldn't have second glanced at. Michele is a dear companion of mine, and she is quite a big fan of romance movies and books, especially N.S., Which I always knew. Book after book, she read and read, claiming that they were all soooo good. I of course never thought so (though I never took time to sit down and read one). Anyways, eventually she challenged me to read the latest N.S. book that she just finished reading, claiming that it was fantastic and that I would love it. I didn't believe her one bit, I thought that I would be SO bored and it would be HECK to get through...

but when I actually took the time to stop and read it, without a biased opinion of how much I would dread the novel, it was pretty good.

 I KNOW! SHOCK ME TOO!
 


Now there is a difference between Romance and Really cute gooshy gooshy cheesy romance that is cute and innocent. a Huge difference. This book so far has been really cute, and actually intriguing though it has been confusing. two different stories are taking place at once, and somehow...they intertwine and make sense at the end.

An old man(named Ira) has crashed his car on the side of a silent snowy road, unable to free himself, and hurt badly. Eventually his pain causes him to hallucinate, causing his deceased wife, Ruth (whom he loved most of all in life) to appear in the seat next to him in a ghostly young form. Through the book they talk to each other and you really just learn more about their life and who they were.

Then there's Sophia and lukes story, two young people who end up falling in love. Sophias a high class college girl and Luke is a good old country boy, who takes care of his family's HUGE acre farm and rides bulls on the side for a living. I haven't gotten really far in it so...like without getting into details that's pretty much how I would sum up whats happened so far. Sophia and luke meet at a party, as he ends up saving her from her scum bag ex, and they just hit it off. Somehow along the way Ira and Ruth will crash into their story but I don't know how..

gotta keep reading I guess...


No comments:

Post a Comment